The best solar uplights for trees improve the curb appeal of one’s property because they can highlight the beauty of trees or landscape. They are also eco-friendly and budget-saving.
They do not require electricity to operate but solar power; thus, they do not contribute to global warming or add to one’s electric bills. These bright lights are also beautiful, lightweight, and compact.
We’ve prepared a buying guide with factors to consider when choosing solar landscape spotlights and reviews to help in the selection. Here are some of the things to remember when finding a solar uplighting for trees.
- Waterproof and heatproof: As the bright lights will be exposed to different outdoor elements, find one that is waterproof and heatproof to ensure it can deal with all types of weather.
- Battery: A nice-looking solar-powered tree uplight is not worth it if it does not have a powerful, efficient and long battery life, which is what’s going to supply power to the light. Consider this one of the primary features when comparing your options. Avoid a poor quality battery in a solar light to get more out of your purchase.
- Solar panel: Conversion efficiency ensures that charging will be optimal and running times will be longer. Check for one that has a high conversion rate, like 30%.
For the placement, see if it has a separate solar panel so that it can be positioned where it can receive direct sunlight for more solar power.
While these are the primary features to think about when weighing your options for solar landscape spotlights, there is more to know and discuss. We’ll explain these further, along with other features to check, in the following sections along with the top solar uplights for trees.
- Best Solar Uplight for Trees Reviews
- 1. URPOWER Solar Lights 2-in-1 Spotlight
- 2. InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor
- 3. LITOM 12 LEDs Solar Landscape Spotlights
- 4. Magictec 2-in-1 Solar Spotlights
- 5. Nekteck Solar Lights Outdoor
- 6. Biling Solar Spotlights Outdoor
- 7. T-SUN Solar Color Changing Spotlights
- 8. APONUO Led Solar Spotlights
- 9. Claoner 32 LED Solar Landscape Spotlights
- 10. DBF Outdoor Upgraded Solar Lights
- 11. SOLVAO Solar Spotlight (Upgraded)
- 12. Findyouled Solar Spotlight
- What Is A Solar Uplight For Trees/ Who This Is For
- How Does It Work
- What Are The Different Types Of Solar Uplights For Trees
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Solar Uplights For Trees
- How We Picked And Tested
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Solar Uplight for Trees Reviews
1. URPOWER Solar Lights 2-in-1 Spotlight
- Waterproof and durable to last through the years
- Multifunctional; can be stick into the ground or mounted on the wall
- Easy to install and comes with the screws needed for installation
- The warm LED white light color adds to their appeal
- Adjustable angle of the light and solar panel
- Two brightness modes
- Will not work if there’s another light source.
These solar spotlights for trees are some of the highest-rated products in the category. They can be used not only for uplighting trees but also for providing light for the yard, patio, pool, and driveway.
The 2-in-1 bright light has a warm white color, providing just enough light while also looking classy and subtle. It is not too obvious, but it complements any garden or landscape design.
Another thing I liked about this solar spotlight is its full adjustability. I can simply adjust its angle to whatever I desire and where I want it to provide illumination. Speaking of adjustment, the solar power panel is also adjustable, allowing it to receive maximum sun exposure for optimum charging.
The URPOWER 3rd Generation LED solar lights are also easy to install. They do not require any special tools, and anyone can easily install them. Just use the screws that come with them and quickly mount them on the wall.
These are some of the brightest solar powered lights, and they are also durable, thanks to their waterproof qualities. They can be used in any season and withstand all weather types, including rain and snow.
These solar uplighters for trees also have 2-in-1 functions. They can be mounted on the wall or be stuck into the ground. Another good thing I like is the two brightness modes; families can choose the light brightness they need for a certain application.
2. InnoGear Solar Lights Outdoor
- Beautifies the surroundings
- No tools or wires are required for installation
- Adjustable solar panel and lamp head angle
- Automatic light sensor that detects lighting condition
- Durable, can be mounted on the wall or stuck into the ground
- Solar panel has a higher conversion rate, 30% faster than others
- Might not work when other lamps illuminate it directly
Landscaping one’s garden is a great stress reliever. In my case, uplighting my trees gives me a sense of accomplishment, and it makes me feel good. For uplighting, these InnoGear solar lights are some of my favorites.
Beautifying the garden isn’t the only thing that makes these outdoor led uplights for trees an ideal choice for many families. They are also a breeze to install, no wires or special tools needed.
Installation can also be on the wall or into the ground. Every purchase comes with a ground spike and a wall-mounting interface. Anyone can install these lights in minutes; no professional help is required.
Both the solar panel and light are adjustable. The light’s solar panel can be adjusted to receive maximum sun exposure, while its lamp head can be rotated for up to 90 degrees, illuminating even hard-to-reach places.
Its monocrystalline silicon solar panel also boasts a conversion rate that is 30% faster than the previous versions. In addition, this solar spotlight LED also turns on and off automatically using its ability to detect the surrounding light condition.
3. LITOM 12 LEDs Solar Landscape Spotlights
- Works in many settings
- Two available brightness modes, low or high
- Solar lights are adjustable up to 120 degrees and the panel up to 90 degrees
- Comes with 12 LED bulbs for brighter illumination
- Waterproof and IP67 rated with heat resistance
- Two installation options, in the ground or on the wall
- Does not charge well enough during cloudy or rainy conditions
The LITOM wireless outdoor solar lights are another excellent choice for homeowners who want to beautify their garden foliage, patio, porch, driveway, or yard.
The lights are IP67 rated for their waterproof feature, ensuring they can withstand even the toughest weather conditions and stay functional without being damaged. The solar powered up lighting is also brighter with 12 LED bulbs coming with it. It can cover a larger space, illuminate it, and make it more aesthetically pleasing.
Unlike several solar spotlights that are only rotatable by up to 90 degrees, this offers 120 degrees lighting angle adjustment. Its solar panel can also absorb much sunlight and charge efficiently with its adjustability of up to 90 degrees.
Owners can also select a lighting mode, low or high. The low light mode can give up to 12 lights operational hours, while the high light mode has six hours.
They are also designed with heat-resistant technology. With that, families can be certain that high temperatures won’t ruin these lights.
The solar-powered lights also offer two installation options. They can be installed into the ground with stakes or on the wall with screws.
4. Magictec 2-in-1 Solar Spotlights
- Waterproof and heatproof ABS materials
- 200 lumens with light sensor; suits many areas
- Adjustable light angle and solar panel
- 2200MAH Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Easy installation, all screws included
- Can run for up to 9 hours after full charge
- The warm white light is yellow.
These all-season solar spotlights are another choice for families looking to save money on electric bills while also illuminating not just their trees but also their garden space, trees, patio, deck, walkway, or driveway.
The heatproof and waterproof ABS plastic materials make the Magictec lights durable and functional even under the harshest conditions, including storms, sunlight, snow, and rain.
I also noticed that these lights are bright enough to illuminate a space with their 200 lumens (40 lumens each for four bright LED bulbs).
In addition, the Magictec 2-in-1 Solar Spotlights are easy to install and do not require any complicated wiring or tools. The solar powered uplights also come with the screws required.
Battery performance should also be a top priority. Without a good quality battery, a great product design and build will not be worth it. I appreciate that this set has an efficient 2200MAH Li-ion battery capacity that can keep the lights powered for up to nine hours once it is fully charged.
The lighting angle is also adjustable for up to 90 degrees, which allows users to position the lights to provide better illumination. The solar panel is also movable up to 180 degrees.
The lights also operate automatically. For instance, they can turn on when detecting low lighting conditions and off during high lighting conditions, and that’s thanks to the automated sensor built into the system.
5. Nekteck Solar Lights Outdoor
- For decoration and security in many places, 260 lumens output
- Adjustable light and panel with high energy conversion
- Built with a dusk-to-dawn sensor for automatic operation
- Hassle-free installation
- Two brightness modes to choose from and use
- The warm white option has a green tint
Versatility and function are two of the most useful qualities of these solar tree uplights. They are good for decorative and security applications and can be used in walkways, patios, gardens, and yards.
The adjustability of the solar lights is up to 180 degrees, so they are ideal for emphasizing or accentuating the trees, as well as landscape or any parts of your lawn, garden, or home. The solar panel is adjustable for up to 90 degrees for maximum sun exposure. It also allows for efficient solar powered energy conversion, reaching up to 20%.
This 10-LED landscape and tree warm white light is not only durable to provide long-lasting performance but also a breeze to install. It is easy to mount on the wall or be stuck into the ground with its included screws. There are no wires or complicated installation needed.
This model is designed with a highly efficient solar panel, allowing it to absorb more sunlight versus competitors. At night, the lights can provide 260 lumens of output, making it an ideal choice for decorative purposes.
The warm white solar up light also offers two brightness modes, high or low. They are also built-in with a dusk-to-dawn sensor that helps them save energy. They automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn for a convenient operation.
6. Biling Solar Spotlights Outdoor
- Brighter than other similar products, up to 700 lumens output
- Dual brightness settings and a sensor
- IP67 design to withstand harsh weather conditions
- Can be installed as a wall light or path light, no wires
- Quality ABS plastic materials
- The battery can last up to 15 hours
- The solar panel needs to face south
These spotlights are super bright for their 12-LED bulbs. Property owners that want to better illuminate a space can achieve a bright lighting effect with these.
I also like to note that these solar lights come with a built-in sensor. It works automatically, turning off and charging the battery in the daytime and switching on at night. What’s even better is that you don’t need to use any wires to install the lights.
I also like that the solar lights are with an IP67 rating, keeping them functional even under harsh weather conditions, including sleet, heat, frost, rain, and snow. They are made with durable and high-quality ABS plastic materials, allowing them to deal with harsh outdoor conditions and last long.
In addition, the outdoor solar light can be installed in two ways, as a path light or as a wall light. They are not just excellent for outdoor use but also versatile for their two available lighting modes, low light mode 350 lumens and high mode 700 lumens.
They do not just offer more brightness than other similar products on the market, but are also built with a high capacity 2200mAh battery, which can keep supplying power to the unit for up to 15 hours (low light) and up to 10 hours (high light).
7. T-SUN Solar Color Changing Spotlights
- Versatile for use as a pathway or wall light and more
- Adjustable solar panel and solar light angle
- Has an IP55 rating
- Can stay lit for up to 12 hours
- Color changing lights for different applications
- Not as bright as other lights available
Choosing solar-powered uplighting for trees can be tricky, knowing so many choices are on the market. I find the T-SUN spotlights worth considering for their features. The two-pack uplighting for trees has 7-LED beads. Perfect for parties and events, the color-changing lights let users choose from seven different colors or lock them into a specific color they prefer.
When fully charged for about eight hours, the spotlights can stay lit for up to 12 hours. This is thanks to the 18650 rechargeable battery’s efficiency.
I also commend the solar light’s 90-degree adjustable angle and its solar panel’s 180-degree adjustability. In this case, people can be certain it will illuminate appropriately and the solar panel will receive maximum sunlight for charging.
The solar uplighting for trees is with an IP55 rating, which makes it great for withstanding water jets and dust. It is also tough and durable to deal with bad weather.
In addition, the spotlights can be used in the patio, pool, deck, garage, and walkway. Another good thing is that the solar spotlight for trees is a breeze to install and can be installed as a wall light or ground light. Owners do not need any wire or tools to do it, either.
8. APONUO Led Solar Spotlights
- Withstand harsh weather conditions
- Long cable or chain included
- 150 lumens; high and low lighting mode available
- Works up to 12 hours when fully charged
- With a built-in sensor to detect lighting condition
- Perfect for decorating any outdoor space, such as the walkway or sidewalk
- Charging can take some time, especially during cloudy days
Property owners that want to highlight the beauty of a sculpture or a tree should consider adding these spotlights into their garden or landscape. They’re also multifunctional so they can also be used as pathway lights along the sidewalk.
These landscape spotlights emit just the right amount of light output at 150 lumens to illuminate a dark surrounding. Owners can choose between a low brightness or high brightness mode in the solar powered bulbs. They can stay lit for eight hours (high) or 12 hours (low) provided their battery is fully charged.
These solar powered bulbs are also built with a sensor, which detects ambient lighting conditions. When it’s dark, they turn on automatically and off in the daytime.
These solar spotlights also come with a 33ft long daisy chain or cable. They let owners position these lights where the panel can get maximum sun exposure and can fully cover a space. The manufacturer also offers an additional five meters of an extension cable.
These outdoor solar spot lights for trees are also tough to withstand even extreme weather conditions, including snowy or rainy days. Thus, homeowners can gain peace of mind that they won’t be damaged by environmental changes soon.
9. Claoner 32 LED Solar Landscape Spotlights
- Brighter with 32 LEDs to illuminate a space better
- Versatile solar light for use in pathways, garage, porch, and other areas
- Can be installed into the ground or mounted on the wall
- Adjustable solar panel and lighting angle; three lighting modes
- ABS plastic withstands harsh weather conditions
- Faulty products being delivered
These spotlights for uplighting trees deserve to be on this list because of their reliability and performance. Unlike similar products, these landscape spotlights offer multiple lighting modes – low, medium, or high.
I like that they are versatile enough for adding to any outdoor space, including the patio, deck, sidewalk, or porch, where homeowners want to add solar lighting for decorative or security purposes.
I appreciate that these lights are made with high-quality and tough ABS plastic, which can deal with any temperature or weather changes. Users don’t have to worry about them getting damaged by outdoor element exposure or replacing their lights sooner.
To ensure high solar energy production, these lights have an adjustable panel angle up to 90 degrees. The light’s angle, on the other hand, is adjustable up to 180 degrees to properly illuminate a space.
There are also two installation options available. They can be stuck into the ground with the stakes included in the design or be mounted on the wall using the screws coming with them.
These solar lights are also brighter than the other options available, having 32 LED bulbs to light up space, sculpture, or trees.
10. DBF Outdoor Upgraded Solar Lights
- Adjustable monocrystalline solar panel
- Made of quality ABS material for toughness and IP65-rated
- 18 bright focused LEDs for better illumination & two light modes
- Easy and quick installation into the ground or on the wall
- Comes with a sensor that detects ambient light
- Instructions aren’t clear
DBF Outdoor Upgraded Solar Lights have cool features, which make them one of my favorites. When ambient lighting is insufficient to illuminate an area, the sensor activates the lights and turns them on. It is a valuable feature that makes these lights convenient to operate.
Two modes are also available, low and high. They can stay lit for up to 10 hours on the low lighting mode and six hours with the high lighting mode.
For many looking for easy-to-install solar lighting for trees, I consider this one a great choice. These lights do not require any special tools or power support for installation. I also like that they offer two installation options — wall mounting or installing into the ground.
I appreciate that they offer bright and powerful solar lighting, and that’s thanks to the manufacturer designing them with more focused and concentrated light versus other options on the market. The 18 bright LEDs total 600 lumens, making them a great choice for offering safety in the walkway or driveway.
I would also like to mention the adjustable monocrystalline solar panel, which allows positioning where it can receive the maximum amount of sunlight for optimal charging.
These eco-friendly decorative or security lights are IP65 rated for water resistance. They are also made with ABS plastic material, making them more durable.
11. SOLVAO Solar Spotlight (Upgraded)
- Adjustable solar light and frosted panel
- Eco-friendly and versatile
- Sensor for automatic operation & two lighting modes
- The battery can power the 200-lumen light for up to 10 hours
- Quick and easy to install, no wires are needed
- Charging takes up to eight hours
This upgraded solar spotlight can be considered when looking for outdoor, eco-friendly light for the yard and garden, flagpole, and landscape. It is multifunctional, so it can be used in any area outdoors, including driveways and lawns.
That’s not all, because this light can also add security by keeping an area lit at night. It is a cool addition to anyone’s property because it can also be installed easily on the wall, porch, and patio. The wireless spotlight also offers two lighting modes, low and high, allowing users to choose and control their brightness output.
Another good thing worth mentioning about this product is its four LEDs with a total of 200 lumens that give out a powerful lighting output. Its 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery can power the light for up to 10 hours. Its lamp head is also angle-adjustable for lighting up where it is intended to.
There’s also a frosted panel, which can keep itself free from dust and debris, which would otherwise affect its charging capacity. The solar panel is adjustable for up to 180 degrees for maximum sunlight collection and absorption.
I also liked its automatic sensor, turning the light on at dusk and off at dawn automatically, eliminating any effort on our part.
12. Findyouled Solar Spotlight
- For any space; great illumination range
- Tough aluminum material
- Automatic on and off function and two mounting methods
- Polycrystalline solar panel with 17% conversion efficiency
- Rechargeable 2200mAh battery powering the light for up to nine hours
- Up to 130 lumens & impact-resistant lens
- The included cable is short
Solar powered up lights like this one stand out for being efficient and reliable. It is suitable for illuminating and adding brightness to any space, including the garden, driveway, yard, sidewalk, pool, and patio, among other outdoor spaces.
Per lighting fixture, this model offers a brightness output between 120 and 130 lumens, which is sufficient for providing brightness to a tree, pole, flag, or sculpture. It offers a promising illumination range — up to 49.21 feet.
The spotlight fixture is also tough because it is made with a cast aluminum, unlike other products made with plastic. I also like that it has a clear impact-resistant lens, ensuring it can deal with rough handling.
This model is also built with a 2.5W polycrystalline solar panel with an efficiency reaching up to 17% when it comes to solar energy conversion. In addition, I appreciate that this product is built with a 2200mAh rechargeable battery, which can work for a solid eight to nine hours if it is fully charged.
This product also offers two mounting options. It can be mounted on the wall using the mechanical fasteners coming with it or into the ground using the spike. The solar light for accentuating trees also offers an automatic operation, eliminating any effort on the end of the user. It can turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn.
What Is A Solar Uplight For Trees/ Who This Is For
Solar uplight for trees is a solar-powered device for accentuating trees and improving one’s landscape or garden through lighting. It uses no electricity and is easy to install. It also needs no plugging in, so installing and positioning this device is a breeze. Lights of this type are also eco-friendly, as they do not consume fossil fuel to run.
They are for people that want to improve their landscape without spending more on their utility bills, while also not contributing to environmental pollution.
These lights are also for those that want a better alternative to electricity-operated lighting for trees. Finally, they’re for folks that want easy-to-install lighting that they can do by themselves.
How Does It Work
Solar uplighting for trees is available in a wide range of colors and styles to choose from. Some turn on at dusk automatically, so they don’t require any effort to operate on the user’s part.
The solar cells convert the sun’s rays into electricity during the day and then store them in the battery. At night, the unit’s photoresistor detects the light’s absence and switches the solar lights on to uplight the trees. They run continuously until their battery runs out of stored power or when the photoresistor detects the presence of light again.
Typically, they have basic components, including a photoresistor, a rechargeable battery, and a light bulb.
What Are The Different Types Of Solar Uplights For Trees
Solar lights are generally divided into three types, according to their light output: dusk-to-dawn, motion-activated, and timer-controlled.
- Dusk-to-dawn lights operate with an automatic sensor. They illuminate automatically when they detect the absence of light and stay on until the next morning. They might not illuminate as much in the winter with the limited sun available, so they might not stay illuminated for long hours at night.
- Motion-activated solar lights automatically activate when they detect movement; thus, they conserve stored energy better than other types of solar uplight for trees. More often, they’re for specific applications, like serving as solar flood lights.
- Timer-controlled lights can give you more control as to when to turn them on and how long to keep them running. They might be a good option if you want to control the number of hours your uplighting devices run since the stored battery power can be limited.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Solar Uplights For Trees
The best solar uplights for trees offer numerous benefits to take advantage of. But then, they also have some drawbacks.
Solar-powered uplights accentuate your trees and beautify your overall surroundings. They draw attention to your lush trees without looking too obvious, too.
These lights do not consume electricity, making them the practical choice for property owners that want to improve their landscape while not spending more on their utility bills. They use sunlight that the most substantial solar panels collect and then convert it into electrical energy for storage in the battery.
The best solar uplight for trees is the economical choice for a lot of people because they do not consume electricity to run; instead, they use solar energy, offering practical and economic benefits to anyone installing them in their garden.
They don’t need plugging in or complicated wiring to install. These lights also don’t require add-ons to run because they are sold as a package. You can also do the installation yourself. Just follow the user manual that comes with your purchase.
However, these lights are dependent on the sun, so their rechargeable batteries might not charge well enough or not at all in the winter or during rainy days. Some will also not work when other lamps illuminate them, so ensure that no lamp or sunlight is going into the solar lights.
How We Picked And Tested
Before buying solar uplight, consider certain factors, including the following.
Find long-lasting uplighting devices for trees because these lights are exposed to harsh outdoor conditions, including temperature and weather changes. Wild animals and birds can also damage the outdoor lights, which is why you need to prioritize durability.
We recommend choosing heavy-duty lights that can withstand pressure and unforeseeable damage. It would also be advisable to check for waterproof quality to ensure they won’t be damaged by snow or rain.
Pay attention to the color of the lights when selecting your lighting. If you’re looking for a classy, soft ambiance to simulate the daylight, opt for a white light color. You can also find models with multiple color and brightness settings in a single bulb.
Solar panel’s quality
The uplight’s beauty and durability might not be all worth it if it doesn’t have quality solar panels. The panel should have a solid surface and high energy absorbency to acquire as much solar energy as possible.
When checking for the quality of the photovoltaic solar panels, you might also want to see if they can work under cloudy or overcast conditions.
You can be certain they’re high-quality lights if they have quality solar panels that can deliver and do their job even under tough conditions.
It is not only durable to look for when choosing a solar powered light and other solar lights but also ease of installation.
No one wants a headache while installing solar uplights. It is important to check how easy or tough it would be to install uplights and other solar lights. As much as possible, look for a solar powered light that you can install yourself to avoid hiring someone to do it.
These outdoor lighting devices depend on the battery to operate. A good quality battery supplies enough power to operate the light. It won’t take ages to charge, so check for the battery’s quality when buying solar lights.
A top-notch battery does not only charge excellently but can also run consistently. Choose one that has a powerful and efficient battery to get the most out of the outdoor solar lighting unit.
As you might know, bulbs produce heat, and it’s uncontrollable. When purchasing solar lights, choose those that do not generate much heat.
Having the lights switched on all the time is a waste of energy. It would also be ineffective for them to run in the daytime when you need them to uplight the trees at night. When choosing solar lighting for trees, look for one that can turn on and off automatically to save energy and avoid any inconvenience.
A longer cable is better because it will let you cover larger areas like fences and trees and allows you to decorate more. Consider this before choosing solar uplighting.
Solar uplight for trees comes with different modes. Your family can easily choose which one to use during occasions or parties. So, when choosing uplight for trees, consider the number of modes you wish the unit to have.
Whether you’re buying in the US, the UK, or any other place, determine your budget when comparing solar uplights for trees. However, be sure to strike a balance between price and quality of the best solar light. After all, paying for affordable but low-quality lights will not be worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many lumens do I need to light a tree?
If you’re considering round solar lights for security, check for a solar spotlight possessing between 300 and 700 lumens in brightness.
But in general, most of these solar lights for tree trunks are for decorative purposes. They can also consist of solar flood lights, which can be good for parties, recreation, and other special occasions.
For decorative applications, check out a solar spotlight with lower lumens, typically up to 200 lumens.
How do you uplight a large tree?
How the large tree would look at nighttime with the solar powered spotlight depends on different factors, including the uplighting angle, the light’s distance from the tree’s base, and the light’s brightness.
In this case, you should be ready to explore and try several times before coming up with your desired results. Nevertheless, it won’t be that hard once you’ve figured out and understood these factors in choosing solar spotlights.
Where should tree uplighting be placed?
For the best results, ensure that the solar tree spotlights are positioned in a place where they can receive enough sunlight for sufficient solar energy, ideally up to eight hours of direct sunlight exposure.
For other recommendations, check the user manual that comes with the solar spotlights to know where the specific type of solar powered lighting you bought should be placed.
Choosing the best solar uplights for trees will give you the most out of your spending and help you achieve your goal – lighting up space or adding safety to your property.
It is why it is important to select the right solar spotlights based on factors, including battery, quality solar panels, price, and installation. We hope this guide has helped you with the selection to finally buy the perfect uplights for your property.