LAS VEGAS (Aug. 31, 2017) — Former Secretary of Energy Dr. Ernest Moniz leads an impressive list of notable clean energy visionaries added to the speaker lineup for “National Clean Energy Summit 9.0: Integrating Innovation” (NCES 9.0) at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on Friday, Oct. 13. The new participants join former Senator Harry Reid, Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval and keynote speaker former Vice President Al Gore for a day-long discussion on how to maximize the benefits of clean energy technologies.
Dr. Ernest Moniz, world-renowned energy expert, former U.S. Secretary of Energy and current President & CEO of The Energy Futures Initiative, will lead a conversation on how to drive clean energy technology innovation through public and private investments and how to accelerate the deployment of emerging technologies.
In addition to Secretary Moniz, the Summit will feature a panel on the national security implications of clean energy innovation. Panelists include:
- Vice Admiral Lee Gunn (ret.), U.S. Navy, Vice Chairman, CNA Military Advisory Board
- Lieutenant General Richard C. Zilmer (ret.), U.S. Marine Corps, CNA Military Advisory Board
- Brigadier General William B. Blaylock, National Guard Bureau-Joint Staff, Director of Logistics
- Sherri Goodman, Former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Environmental Security), Senior Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Also new to the Summit line-up are:
- Hal Harvey, CEO of Energy Innovation, on integrating more renewable energy onto the grid;
- Jim Murren, MGM Resorts International Chairman and CEO, on integrating innovative clean energy technologies into buildings;
- Paul Caudill, President of NV Energy, on working with the Department of Defense to develop on-base renewable energy.
# # #